In bid to stop the spread of coronavirus, 1.3 billion India’s people were under complete lockdown for 21 days.
The restrictions of lockdown 1.0 were
- Sealing the borders and movement were allowed only for essential services
- Lockdown violations might invite heavy penalty or jail term under act 2005.
- Others restrictions of Janata curfew was avoiding unnecessary travel and no one should be out on the road.
- International travel was also tightened, contacting persons who have traveled and setting up quarantine facilities.
- Forest offices staffs and workers was required to operate wildlife, nurseries and maintain zoo, water plantations, patrolling etc.
- Metro and rail services was also suspended temporarily and domestic air traffic as well
- Effective measure for social distancing was followed to prevent the spread of the pandemic.
The lockdown was then extended till 3rd May and it came with new guidelines and rules that must be followed by the public, industries, offices and other establishments. The following were applied for lockdown 2. 0
- All buses for public transport, metro rail service, domestic and international air travel was prohibited.
- Inter state and inter district movement was also permitted except for medical reasons.
- All institutions which also include training, education etc was also closed
- All cinema halls, malls, shopping centers, swimming pools, bars etc was also remain closed.
- All religious places and religious congregations were also prohibited
- In case of funerals, not more than 20 people were allowed for the congregation.
The lockdown was further extended for additional two weeks till May 17 and a limited number of activities were prohibited throughout India, irrespective of the zone. And the list of activities prohibited were;
- All rail, air and inter – state movement by road were prohibited
- Colleges, schools and other educational institutions were also shut
- Hospitality services like restaurants and hotels were also closed
- Large public gatherings like the malls, halls, etc were also prohibited
- Any kind of cultural, social and political gatherings were also avoided till May 17th.
The center extended the lockdown for two more week till May 31, with some major relaxations, allowing almost all economic activities and notable public movement.
- Auto rickshaws, buses and were allowed to operate
- Inter – state movement vehicles were planned by states mutually
- Rail, air and metro service remain suspended expect for the ones with special permits
- Salons and barber shops remain open
- All shops, expect the ones that have large gatherings like malls can be opened and containment zones were also open
- Restaurants were also opened, but only for take – away
- Political and religious gathering were prohibited
- Weddings will not have more than 50 guests and funerals to be limited to 20
- Wearing masks is a must in workplace and public places