Andaman & Nicobar Islands is one of the bets holiday destinations in India. The land boasts of many fulfilled activities, sandy beaches, wildlife reserves and delicious cuisine.
February to May is the best time to visit this place as the weather is sunny and bright. The winter months of December and January also have a charm of their own. Refrain from visiting the place during June to September as the monsoon is in its full form and you might not be able to explore the place fully.
- It is prohibited to enter tribal or restricted areas around the islands.
- If you are visiting the place during summers, you should carry essentials like water bottles, sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses.
- The weather gets quite unpredictable during the monsoons. Soit would be good to carry an umbrella, rain jackets and zip lock bags for cameras.
- Keep an anti-allergy cream with you as the salty sea water can give you rashes.
- The garbage and plastics should be disposed off at proper places to keep the place clean.
- Foreign tourists are required to procure special periods from the Government of India to visit this pace.
- Beware of the tribal people as they might not be the friendliest of people.
- In order to be well prepared for any kind of emergency, keep in contact with Andaman Tourism Government and keep the police numbers with you.
- This tropical forest region is full of bugs and mosquitoes and therefore it is advisable to pack insect repellents.
- The Havelock islands have only two ATMs. There are days when both the ATM are closed. So it is necessary that you carry money on oneself as being stranded on an island without cash can be problematic.
- Carry touch and flashlights with if you plan to take a walk at post sunset.