The cosmopolitan city-state of Singapore is undoubtedly a tourist’ heaven with beautiful beaches, fun theme parks, shopping malls, and world class hotels. Here are some tips that will make your trip to Singapore more enjoyable:
- Singapore is an expensive place particularly so for South East Asian tourists. Taking public transit, Taking Couchsurf to stay with locals, avoiding bottled water as tap water is perfect to drink, taking a free walking tour, eating at Smith Street or hawkers stalls are some of the ways to save money here.
- Singapore being close to equator is a hot and humid place. Pack cotton clothes and keep water with you all the time. November to January is the best time to visit the place. Sunscreens, swimsuits and mosquito sprays are must pack items.
- It is advisable to use public transport as it is extremely cheap, clean , safe and efficient.
- It is not customary in Singapore to tip the waiter on top of your bill.
- The place has strict laws. Be mindful of spiting on the street, or throwing cigarette butts on the ground. The country is also very strict about drug possession.
- Singapore experiences severe haze during the month on September and it can continue till November. It is advised to avoid travel to Singapore during these months when pollution level is at its peak, especially if your are asthma patient.
- For tourists from most countries, Visa is not required to visit Singapore in case the staying period in under 90 days.
- The place combines cultures and tastes of nearby countries and you can enjoy delicious, Thai, Chinese and Indian food here.
- Sentosa Islands, Gardens by The Bay, Little India and Arab Street, Universal Studios, Singapore Flyer, Changi Museum, Singapore Zoo, Chinatown are some of the must visit places here.